YouTube Music is a wonderful Spotify different. Nevertheless, one main draw back is that it doesn’t have a devoted desktop app for Home windows. As an alternative, customers must entry it through the browser. But, there are nonetheless a couple of choices to get a full YouTube Music expertise on Home windows.
1. Set up YouTube Music as a Progressive Internet App (PWA)
Most Home windows customers stream YouTube Music through their most popular net browser. Nevertheless, utilizing YouTube Music in an everyday browser tab subsequent to a number of tabs might be inconvenient. A greater answer can be to remodel YouTube Music right into a Progressive Internet App. You’ll have the ability to open YouTube Music in a separate window with out browser toolbars, get a devoted desktop icon you could pin, and have media key help.
You may create a PWA app via Chromium-based browsers, equivalent to Chrome and Microsoft Edge, by following the steps under:
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser in your PC.
- Navigate to the YouTube Music web site.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the high, choose “Apps -> Set up YouTube Music.”
- A pop-up window will inform you that YouTube Music could be created as an app and built-in with Home windows. Verify by clicking “Set up.”
- As soon as the positioning is put in, a couple of choices will seem. These embody permitting you so as to add the app to Home windows startup and pinning it to the taskbar or the Begin menu. Make your choice and click on “Permit.”
- This produces a YouTube Music app that you should utilize individually by launching it from the Begin menu. Within the app, you possibly can click on the three-dot icon on high to handle further settings. These embody disabling or enabling the browser’s extensions contained in the app.
- You may as well set up the YouTube Music web site as an app from Google Chrome. Navigate to the YouTube Music web site within the browser, click on the three-dot icon within the top-right nook, and choose “Set up YouTube Music.” At this level, you possibly can set up in the identical method as Microsoft Edge.
Good to know: right here’s how one can flip any web site right into a desktop app in Home windows.
Uninstall the YouTube Music PWA
Uninstalling the YouTube Music Progressive Internet App is fairly easy. Be aware that you simply don’t must entry Management Panel to take action.
- Whether or not it was put in via Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, right-click the YouTube Music app icon within the Begin menu and select “Uninstall.”
- Alternatively, you possibly can uninstall the app from its personal window. In case you created the app with Chrome, open it, click on the three-dot settings on the high, and select “Uninstall YouTube Music.”
- In case you used Microsoft Edge to do the job, open the app, click on the three-dot icon, and choose “App Settings.” A brand new webpage will open. Scroll down and click on “Uninstall.”
Tip: lastly prepared to maneuver away from YouTube? Try these video streaming alternate options for one thing just a little completely different.
2. Use an Open-Supply App
One other answer that can help you use YouTube Music on Home windows is to get the YouTube Music desktop app. That is an open-source app that’s based mostly on the Electron engine. Comply with these steps to set it up.
- Obtain the YouTube Music desktop app from its official GitHub repository web page. It’s additionally obtainable for Linux and macOS.
- As soon as put in, the app will open immediately. Register to your Google account in the event you’d wish to, however you can even use it with no Google account.
- As you possibly can see, it’s an identical to what we see on the Internet. Nevertheless, within the high bar, you’ll see further menus, most notably the “Plugins” and “Choices” menus.
The YouTube Music Desktop App provides a variety of options within the type of preinstalled plugins. Essentially the most handy are highlighted under:
- Advert blocker: like blocking advertisements in your browser, improves utilization and provides a greater expertise in the event you don’t have a YouTube Music subscription. You may as well allow the SponsorBlock plugin for extra blocking.
- Downloader: means that you can simply obtain music tracks and playlists as MP3 recordsdata.
- Lyrics: permits music lyrics view, based mostly on Genius.
- No Google login: means that you can use the entire YouTube Music library with out logging in together with your Google account. Need to know find out how to log off of Google in your units? We present you the way.
- Disable video: with no subscription, YT Music can even show the video of the music monitor you’re enjoying. You may disable this feature from throughout the app.
- Taskbar media management: permits you to management the music via the taskbar by hovering over the YouTube Music icon.
- Totally different themes: customers can change themes and even develop their very own in the event that they possess the know-how.
Tip: take a look at these aesthetic 4K backgrounds that can make your Home windows desktop stand out.
Use an Various: YTMDesktop
If, for no matter cause, you don’t just like the YouTube Music App for Home windows, you possibly can strive another known as YTMDesktop. It’s comparable in operate to the choice mentioned above however doesn’t provide plugins.
It has an improved consumer interface and higher integration with Home windows providers, equivalent to Home windows Media Providers. It additionally brings Discord and Rainmeter help. Nevertheless, since this app doesn’t have plugins, you will be unable to obtain music or block advertisements. In consequence, this feature works higher in case you have a premium subscription.
- Begin by downloading the app from its official web site and putting in it in your gadget.
- When you’ve launched the app, sign up to your Google account.
- Head to “Settings” and tweak them to your liking.
- Certainly one of YTMDesktop’s coolest options is “Distant Management,” which lets you pause/play your music on desktop out of your Android telephone. You’ll should obtain the companion app for that.
Tip: need to know find out how to simply seize a YouTube video screenshot on Home windows? Use one in every of these choices.
Often Requested Questions
Can I exploit YouTube Music with no subscription?
Sure. Nevertheless, you’ll see advertisements and have restricted management over the music. On high of that, you’ll nonetheless must sign up to your Google Account to create playlists and save albums and public playlists.
Can I switch Spotify playlists and albums to YouTube Music?
Sure, it’s potential, however you’ll want to make use of an internet service or an app to take action. There are numerous choices obtainable to switch from Spotify to YouTube Music, which we’ve detailed in our devoted submit.
Picture credit score: Unsplash. All screenshots by Mustafa Ashour.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter!
Our newest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox